As Christians living in a negatively consuming society, faced with many trials, temptations and situations, we all tend to use different scriptures as “spiritual mantras” that help us get through. One such scripture is James 5:16 (the latter portion). Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much..
Believers hold tight to this one line of scripture as we thank and praise God for healing, deliverance, stability, love and patience. It gives us the hope to hold on in trying times, and comfort in times of despair, knowing that if we are faithful, obedient and perseverant, that our all sufficient, kind and loving God will hear our prayers, and come to our rescue.
Recently I’ve found myself holding tight to this, as I struggle through various battles in my life, waiting and looking for relief from the frustration, confusion and pain of these battles. Wondering when My Father would rescue me. Then during my recent private time with the Lord, I presented him with the question; Lord I’ve been faithful and obedient, and your words say the effective and fervent prayer of the righteous man avails much, but it seems like the more I’m faithful and obedient, the less victory seems at hand, and the more battles I am faced with. Why, Lord, Why?
As I stayed there and waited, and cried, and prayed and cried some more; The Lord whispered ever so softly to me: Because the Battles of the Righteous Availeth much!!!!
Initially I was baffled, shocked and confused all at the same time, because in my natural mind, this just did not make any sense to me!! But as the day progressed and I asked the Lord to help me understand, He did just that.
He helped me to understand that he uses our various battles, whether with self, the enemy or others, to prune and mold us into what he has designed and desires for us. It’s through these situations that he has our total attention, and can mold and shape our character, increase our strengths, develop our integrity, tear down our weaknesses, change our focus, and give us humbleness of spirit!!!
While we should continually be grateful and praise God for the victory and change that occurs because of, and through our prayers; we should equally be grateful and praise HIM for the victory and change that occurs through our battles..
Be Blessed..
Romans 5:1-4 (New King James Version)
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
4 comments:
It's always important to stay close to God in your time of struggle. Stay in his Word, stay in prayer, and stay faithful. Remember, Satan isn't always to blame for our drama. Sometimes, we let our own thinking and desires cause us to have our blesings blocked. It's important to stay in the Word because when you hit the drama head-on and you don't have it with you, the Holy Spirit has to bring those verses to your remembrance. You need to have solid foundation for your faith. Just remember that God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all that we could ever ask or think (Eph. 3:20). If you test him and see that He is good, He will pour out blessings that you won't have room to receive (Mal. 3:10).
This is a revelating and enlightening observation as God revealed to you the truth in response to your prayerful inquiry. This was revealed to me some time ago as I had the same or similar prayerful inquiries. As well it was revealed to me that our obedience to God's word directly affects how long we may continue to go through some of these battles. I find this insightful, confirming and enjoyable reading. You certainly have a gift of pen. I encourage you to express your thoughts in scribe.
Love you
I can totally identify with the man with the demon-possessed son in Mark 9. In vs. 23 and 24, Jesus tells him that all things are possible to him who believes. Then the man replies, "I believe. Help my unbelief." I don't even think he contradicts himself in this verse. I struggle with my faith just like he did. When I'm not in prayer or in the Word for even a couple of days, it's harder for me to get back into it.
Wow! Welcome to the world of blogging...I am looking forward to reading your passions and thoughts about the Gospel and ministry. God be praised! Thanks for following me.
Pastor Lance
Post a Comment