Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Politically Correct Christian????

I was recently reflecting on the story of Peter and marveled at how closely he walked with Jesus. At how personal and strong his relationship with the Savior was, how much he dedicated his life to serving him. Yet when a situation arose that would seemingly put his back against the wall and test Peter’s loyalty to the Savior, he would fail miserably!!
I know often times we don’t consider or even begin to imagine ourselves going through such situations. I have heard many people, including myself, say I would never deny Christ, not after all he has done for me. But do we really understand what we are saying? Do we even realize the subtle tests that we go through to prove that very declaration of loyalty? We may not have a Peter denying experience, but we are faced with tests of loyalty everyday, especially around this time of year!!!
Recently I had such a situation arise at work, a test that would call to light my loyalty to My Savior. It was winding down to the end of our day, everyone was in a festive spirit, singing Christmas songs, sharing past holiday family stories and just enjoying each others company. When everyone began saying happy holidays. One by one people went down the lines, coming out of their cubicles wishing a happy holiday, when the “wishing line” finally arrived at me and I wished everyone a Merry Christmas!! Well you would’ve thought I had walked into the room with a shotgun and killed someone.
The office fell eerily silent, then all at once everyone started shouting you can’t say that at work, it is no longer politically correct to wish everyone Merry Christmas, because everyone doesn’t believe in Christ. They all continued in their beratement of my statement, and demanded I say Happy Holidays.
On and on they went about respecting everyone’s believes. As I sat their and listened I thought, how ironic is it that they are telling me I have to respect the believes of others, yet in order to do so I had to deny my own!!! Right then I was faced with well, what do I do? Do I retract my statement or stick to my belief if and still wish everyone a Merry Christmas? I looked at the same people who an hour early were so enthusiastic about all of their Christmas plans, shopping, festivities, who were using the Christmas holiday as a reason to come to work late and leave early, as a reason to be off on the 25th, now tell me I had no right to say Merry Christmas.
It was then that I realized I was having my own test of loyalty. As I sat their and thought, I realized that although I like my co-workers, and I like my job, none of them or it died on a cross for me. The higher-ups that have decided to try and change the meaning of Christmas by commercializing it could never change me from the old-wretched sinner I once was, destined for hell, into a believer of the Most High God destined for an eternal life with My Father!!!
So I rolled back out of my cubicle and declared, I am not here to be politically correct, I am not here to satisfy everyone else’s beliefs, just as I don’t’ condemn anyone for not sharing the same beliefs as I. But I believe what I believe and will not be bullied into anything else. I shared with those that would listen, that Jesus Christ is the reason for this holiday and for everything, and that without him I would be nothing.

I shared that even though society has removed, prayer from the schools, removed Christian programming from television, restricted where we can and cannot read our bibles, they can never remove him from my heart and lips!
Then I rolled back to my desk and wished that everyone would have a VERY MERRY, BLESED AND SAFE CHRISTMAS!!!!
I say to all of my Christian brothers and sisters, don’t allow anyone to force you into a “politically correct mentality” just because society deems it safer that way. Stand for our Lord and Savior this CHRISTmas!!! For unto us a child was born, born with the purpose of dying, for you and I. Who was tortured, buried, crucified and risen, and is now sitting at the right hand of GOD!!!!


Be Blessed and have a MERRY CHRISTmas!!!!


Min. T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The word of Pam Grier is already blessed. LOL