3 So I sent messengers to them, saying, “I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down. Why should the work cease while I leave it and go down to you?” But they sent me this message four times, and I answered them in the same manner. (Nehemiah 6:3-4 NKJV)
Ever set a plan in place to accomplish a goal in life, only to seemingly face obstacles on every hand? Things seem to fall apart, resources run out, or people rise up against you; and you have no idea why? Many times in life the journey to walking in our God-given purpose is a long one, therefore it seems unfair and unwarranted that we face these things while attempting to pursue them. However, we must understand that whenever we are trying to move forward with what God has given us; that distractions will soon follow.
Distractions are designed to keep us from completing what God has so graciously given u to us.
The story of Nehemiah teaches us very valuable lessons in learning to keep our determination despite distractions
First we learn we cannot get started doing a work for God without talking To God. We learn in the first chapter of Nehemiah, that he was greatly distressed over the condition of the city and Was moved to do something. You see Nehemiah was the king's cupbearer and when it came time for him to serve the king, he asked what was wrong. Instead of Nehemiah immediately answering the king, he prayed first. Many of us would do well in learning to make prayer the first order of the day in fulfilling our purpose.
Secondly as Nehemiah began fulfilling his assignment he remained determined to complete it despite the distractions he faced. Everyone will not be on your side when you decide to walk in your purpose. However when others come against you don't fall to pieces but stand your ground. Nehemiah teaches that we cannot allow the presence of naysayers or distractions get us off track No matter what they said Nehemiah recognized that what he was doing was a great work, and allowed that resolve to keep him focused. No matter what others do, don't allow them to cause you to waver or get off track. Realize your doing a great work, ignore the distractions & don't give up.
1 comment:
Tami, this is great. I have had many distractions since coming back home, but I am learning to stay focus and on task. I am doing the work that he laid out for me. I am walking into my greatness and blessings. Thank you my sista friend!!!!
Post a Comment