Friday, July 18, 2014

FOLLOWING GOD WITH EXCITEMENT

When I was a little girl there was nothing more enjoyable than being able to spend countless hours outside with my friends. There were many games we enjoyed but a few of my favorites were Mother May I, Simon Says & Red Light/Green Light. There was something in the excitement of waiting for the leader to give instruction and trying my best to meet their expectations and to receive their approval and winning the game.

Now that I'm older and on this Christian journey I've learned how to have that same I now excitement in following God. Everyday I wait with joyous anticipation as to how I can serve Him and follow His instructions. Now my waiting is not because I think I'll do a great job in doing everything that He says, contrary to that, I already know that I will have fail Him at some point throughout the day. Yet I wait with joy because I know regardless of My failures His directions and guidance will never lead me astray nor will he abandon me.

Why be excited? Because God desires that I be profitable as His child.
Isaiah 49:17 says Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go. (NKJV)
I'm assured in knowing that God desires to teach me how to live according to His principles. The word profit in this verse is not referring to material possessions, yet it refers to what the things we need to live godly & holy before God, in order to be profitable in God. As it says in 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Secondly God desires to lead me in the way I should go. Listen all of us come into this Christian journey with some idea where We desire to go & do. But what I've learned is that no matter what your agenda may be, when your fully surrendered to God you learn that your will must be given up for His. Not so you can be enslaved to Him. But so you can be an honorable servant. Knowing fully that you don't have to worry about where He leads because you know you will never regret leaning & trusting in Him.


Be Blessed

No comments: