Thursday, July 31, 2014

YOUR WHY WILL LEAD TO YOUR WHAT

“And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you shall only go up and not down, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, being careful to do them.” (Deuteronomy 28:13 ESV)

I remember growing up and greatly enjoying learning in English class. There was just something exciting to me in learning sentence structure, conjugating verbs, and just learning the importance of proper communication was extremely important to me. One of the lessons I learned and held dear was that of "cause and affect". Cause is the reason why something happens, and effect is what happens because of the cause. For example, I did not study well for the exam, therefore I failed it or because the alarm was not set, we were late for work. Cause and effect is a very powerful yet neglected principle of life because your “Why” always leads way to your “What”.

Unfortunately, as believers we consider the law of cause and effect when it comes to every aspect of our lives, except when it comes to our walk with God. We certainly do not consider the principle of cause and effect when it comes to receiving our promises or blessings from God. But as children of God we cannot negate that this principle is at work in our relationship with God.

In this twenty first century so many people want blessings from God without being accountable to God. They want God to do His part without making sure they are doing theirs. Many times you will hear people recite today’s scripture as a declaration to validate who they are. You will hear people say "I am the head and not the tail, I am above and not beneath". However, we must be careful and mindful not to lose the value or accountability of this scripture, by only reciting the first portion of the text. God made these pronouncements of blessings to the children of Israel and us contingent on one thing; if we obey His commandments.

We cannot rightly claim possession to the blessings and promises of God, without first committing to obey the Word of God. We cannot rightfully expect God to move on our behalf, or manifest the promises available to us, if we do not first meet the requirements for them to be fulfilled in our lives.

So remember, “Why” always leads to your “What”.


Be Blessed!

No comments: